One week before Mother’s Day and if you don’t have any gift ideas yet for that day, we are here to help you out! The plus side with this is that these are DIY recipes that you can do on your own, so you also get to spend less on your gifts! Check out these 3 gift ideas for your mothers:
Something very thoughtful for giving your mother a younger glow would be an anti-aging serum. We picked a serum instead of a lotion or cream is because the fluid is removed and you are left with a high concentration of ingredients that penetrate your skin effectively. It’s a great gift that she can use all day and it’s so easy to do. Here are the ingredients:
- 1/2 ounce rosehip seed oil*
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops geranium essential oil
- 1 drop cypress essential oil
- 1 drop rosemary essential oil
- Add rosehip seed oil and essential oils to a small dropper bottle or roller bottle, and shake gently before each use.
That’s it! Try it yourself as well–you might find it surprisingly effective. So both you and your mother maintain a glowing skin with this serum.
Aromatherapy Mood Mists
If your mom is more on a stressful side (trust me, it’s hard being a working mom in all the juggle and hustle between work and Felize!), you can give her an aromatherapy mood mist. Aromatherapy is great because it utilizes essential oils and if inhaled, it stimulates your brain with the mood of your essential oils for your emotional and physiological balance. This is very great especially when your mom lives in the city. This can be a great gift and can be enjoyed for relaxation, or with you and your mother. It’s easy to do! Here are your instructions:
- To make the Sprays, fill a mini spray bottle with 4 ounces of pure distilled water.
- Carefully put the selected blend of essential oils directly into the spray bottle.
- Then shake the bottle vigorously.
Try this especially this summer time. The aroma can give you a cool sensation and a relaxing atmosphere for your mothers home.
If you’re anything like me, have a great stash of essential oils and are always looking for ways to use them, I decided to make a bunch of DIY essential oil recipes to share with family and friends. Let me just tell you how much money this is going to save me! Woot! Here’s a fool-proof perfume blend that you can make yourself:
- 10 ml roller bottle
- Carrier oil of choice (we like to use coconut oil!)
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
- 4 drops bergamot essential oil
- 2 drops chamomile essential oil
- Fill your bottle about 3/4 of the way with your carrier oil of choice.
- Next, add your essential oils to the bottle
- Finally, top off the bottle with a bit more of your carrier oil, if necessary.
- Carefully press the roller mechanism back into the bottle, and you’re done!
We hope you enjoy making these! Tag us @scentful_living on Instagram if you’ve tried making them!
What we’re currently loving–these curated gift boxes from Winsome Box! Perfect gift this upcoming Mother’s Day!
You can order here: click the link! Get a pre-curated Winsome special Mother’s Day edition or customize your own until May 8 for guaranteed local delivery by May 11. Stocks are limited. ✨
Advanced Happy Mother’s Day to all mommies and mother figures out there!