During these times of uncertainty due to the Coronavirus outbreak, it is essential to be mindful of our mental wellbeing and physical health. Mental wellbeing describes your mental state – in general, it is how you thrive in various areas of life despite the circumstances in which you are in. It is how you are feeling and how well you can cope with day-to-day life. Our mental wellbeing is very dynamic and can quickly change based on what we’re experiencing at a given moment.
With all fear and confusion that’s been happening around the world because of the rapid spread of COVID-19, it is understandable if one feels stressed nowadays. That being said, we should make time to do a quick check-up on ourselves and understand how the disease is affecting us. We need to know the state of our mental wellbeing and take steps in caring and loving ourselves. And if we find ourselves somewhat stressed and anxious, we can lean on our beloved Essential Oils to induce some positive energy within us. Not only that, EOs are a powerful antioxidant, which can boost our immune systems to help us better combat the Coronavirus.
Recommended EOs for reducing stress:
- Ylang Ylang
How to use them:
- Diffuse oils 30-60 minutes to manage stress.
- If you do not have a diffuser, you can place a drop or 2 of essential oil in the palm of your hand, rub your hands together, cup them around your nose and inhale deeply. Do this for several minutes or as much as you like.
- You can also rub 1-2 drops of essential oil on other parts of your body like the
bottoms of your feet, shoulders, back of your neck or stomach.
- Got a bathtub? Mix 3-6 drops of essential oil with Epsom salt or baking soda. Add the mixture to hot bath water while the tub is filling. Soak in the tub for 20-30 minutes.
- You can also choose to make an EO roller so you can easily Rub 1-2 drops on the temples and back of the neck several times a day.
- A warm compress with 1-2 drops of chosen oil on the back is another method you can use to reduce stress.
Recommended EOs for boosting immune system:
- Tea Tree
How to use them:
- Diffuse to help purify the air and prevent the spread of airborne germs
- Add to cleaning products, disinfectant surface sprays or the washing machine
- Apply diluted to the skin to help support the body during illness
Remember, these are the supplementary ways to help you fight the virus. The most important thing is to stay healthy and always practice proper hygiene. Stay indoors as much as possible during this outbreak. Take care of yourself! Let us all be reminded that this too shall pass—so just breathe in and exhale. We are hopeful that with our joint efforts, we will be able to overcome this challenge and see brighter days ahead.