HOORAY, IT’S FRIDAY!
Time to treat ourselves to absolute relaxation!
Long hours of working can cause stress that may affect your mood and productivity. Before tension gets the best of you, it’s best to give yourself a well-deserved rest to revitalize your mind and body. A great way to unwind is to immerse your body into a warm aromatherapy bath to soothe and relax. The sweet experience of putting your body at ease is simply amazing.
Aromatherapy uses essential oils to bring comfort to your body. Aside from its mood healing benefits, an aromatherapy bath is also very easy to prepare.
One of the best combinations of essential oils for a relaxing bath is lavender with a hint of chamomile. Lavender is a popular analgesic and antidepressant. It reduces general discomforts to allow your body to relax. Chamomile eases tension and calms the mind. This mixture will set you to a great mood to unwind.
Now, let’s get to it.
Follow these steps to prepare a relaxing aromatherapy bath:
Disclaimer: Proceed with caution if you are pregnant (like me!), have allergies to specific essential oils or have sensitive skin. Do not use more essential oil than recommended.
1. Mix 7 to 12 drops of essential oils to each ounce of carrier oil. Adding more than 10 drops gives you a stronger fragrance.
2. Draw the bath. The ideal temperature is between 35 to 38 degrees Celsius. However, you can adjust it according to your liking.
3. As the water is filling, pour the oil mixture to the running water to simultaneously spread out the oils.
4. While waiting for the bath to be ready, use the time to prepare some soft music in the background, light some aromatic tea candles, and dim the lights. Boost your relaxation by bringing a bath pillow and placing a warm washcloth over your eyes.
5. Carefully get into the bath. Lie back, take slow and deep breaths. Relax.
6. Soak in the bath for 15 to 20 minutes. Do not use soap or other bath products. Do not wash, rinse off, or shower.
7. When finished, wrap yourself with a soft body towel and gently pat yourself dry. Allow the moisturizing essence to stay and nourish your skin.
8. Head over to your bed and enjoy a pleasant sleep.
Planning to prepare a relaxing aromatic bath?
Click here to view a list of natural oils that are perfect for your pamper time!